Friday, August 28, 2009

Stepping With the Beat

My name is Caitlin Dingle, and I am an intern with the Women's Professional Soccer Atlanta Beat Team. (What a mouthful!). This was my first week on the job, and I'm already learning so much. I created this blog to chronicle my work and experience throughout my internship.

The Atlanta Beat is just beginning. It is a 2010 expansion team in Women’s Professional Soccer, which means that the first season the Beat will have a team playing in the League is next year. So we are just getting started!

While interning for the Beat I will be a part of numerous things, and I'm certain I will be learning so much. With such a new business, there is a lot to be done. I will be researching and writing a lot about our team and other teams, as well as helping with PR and Marketing to boost interest in the upcoming season and team. The staff here are all dedicated to working as hard as possible to make this the most successful soccer team Atlanta has ever seen, both on the field and off the field.

This week everything is very new and interesting. In meeting everyone I will be working with and around, it is fantastic to see that they all are very kind and inviting and willing to help. So far the work I've done is centered creating files and researching different women's soccer leagues around the world. There are a lot of other leagues out there doing the same thing we are doing here, and it's neat to see it all and also note how we will compare as a staff, team, stadium, and league.

I'm very excited for the prospects of my internship, and it is so wonderful to be a part of such a new and upcoming tradition like the Atlanta Beat.

1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn,
    This does indeed sound like an exciting internship for you as you will no doubt get plenty of experience writing PR and other materials.
    Margaret Walters

    ReplyDelete